Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2023

浑水摸鱼

 These days, I feel more and more like a fisherman, trying to grab some fish in muddy water. 😏

Of course, I'm talking about trading in the stock market. The market is just like a big pond with all kinds of fish in it. And I'm busy everyday trying to grab some. 
You see, the market is extremely volatile at the moment and it is very difficult to try to determine, with any confidence, its direction in hours, not mentioning in days ahead!
So it is indeed a big muddy pond and no one can easily see what's in it with any clarity. Nevertheless, some fishermen can still grab something even in such muddy water. I'm a bit lucky these days to be able to grab something. Actually the first two trading days have been quite productive for me as a fisherman😇 
 
Armed by TA trending analysis with various momentum indicators, including sentiment indicators, I can more or less decipher the short term (in terms of hours or a day or two) likely next move of the market with a reasonable accuracy. Of course, not always right but at least to the extent that I can grab some fish quickly🤓 And with various option techniques, we can try some low risk trades to shoot for fish in muddy water. If any luck, the fish can be big🤗 For example, at the panic selloff yesterday, I even sold naked puts for SPY and SPX, which have handed me very nice overnight profits today! 

Here is one trading account about what I have got in the first three trading days of the new year. And I have a few with a similar trend.
 
Looking back in the last quarter of 2022 when I started to be more active in short term trading, here is the result I have got during the period when the market was miserable overall.

 
Here is what I have shared with my Family today for the expected high volatility that is coming and an overnight profitable SPY trade. 
As the Street cliche goes, do what is working. For sure, that's my plan for the foreseeable future💪






No comments:

Post a Comment