Total Pageviews

Friday, February 19, 2021

How to turn $100 into $150,000

Bitcoin has topped $56,000 at the time of this writing. How high can it go? Only God knows. The next target is obviously $100,000, which can come as early as July if the following projection model continues to work as it has been since last Apr with quite accurate predictions in terms of timing and price:


I wish this will come true although I very much doubt it will be a straight line up without volatility. I think some significant drawdowns may very likely come suddenly when on one believes so. 

I first bought my bitcoin back in 2015 and it was around $300 when truly not many people would even seriously look at it. If any, it was more like a laugh or ridicule. That was a great time to buy. Similarly when I first bought my Ether, it was just $9. So my returns from these two very initial crypto investments are 100+ times and 200+ times. Not bad, right? Don't congratulate me too fast and wait to see what is coming: stupid me missed an opportunity of turning  each $100 into as much as $153,000 just within months. I'm not talking about something in theory or by looking back randomly but a real story that I didn't act fast to buy NEO when I was first introduced to it and it was just a few cents. It quickly shot up to over $200 at its peak, a 1500 bagger that I missed!!😢
Of course, the crypto field is full of mines that can easily explode. Nowadays, there are over 5000 cryptos. Except a few well established ones like Bitcoin, Ethrume, and Litcoin etc, most of the others are rubbish and doomed to shatter. See the following example.  

Once upon a time, a coin called Verge soared around 3,100% over 13 days. Its market cap shot from around $80 million to almost $4 billion. But it turned out to be just a piece of raffle and it collapsed nearly as quickly as they'd risen. Take a look...


So be very careful about getting into the crypto world and try to avoid the mine field as much as you can!

Now back to Bitcoin. While it seems a $100K target is easily reachable now, we are now seeing more sky high price targets for it, from $500K to $1 M or even $5 M. I'm certainly not clever enough to know how high it can go but I won't be surprised to see a very high level for it. As I said, we will see a sky high hyperinflationary era that will come for sure due to all the fake money that has been printed in the past two decades. Bitcoin, similar to gold, will be a great store of value against hyperinflation. But I won't buy new bitcoins now at this high price. My current holding will greatly benefit from moonshot prices of bitcoin if it indeeds tops a million or more. So for now I'm just sitting tight to watch the crypto saga playing out with amusement. I'm waiting for another panic selling moment to come before considering new money to buy. It is not if but just when the abysmal sentiment will inevitably come again!   

No comments:

Post a Comment