Total Pageviews

Monday, February 1, 2021

A profit I was not asking for.....

As I said, I had a couple of trades last week targeting SPY that would not decline below $370 and $365. Well, it was really close but indeed it didn't break down below as SPY closed on Friday at $370.07. Normally my put selling should expire worthless with a strike of $370 but something unexpected has happened over the weekend: to my surprise, one of my put sellings got assigned at $370. Since my position size was relatively big as I was using the bullish put spread, I got a margin call due to it. It was a bit scary situation as I didn't know how the market would perform today. But as I have also said, technically speaking, last week was quite brutal for the market and had been quite significantly oversold, I was expecting a revenging rebound for this week although I had no clue if this would immediately start today. Well lucky me that the market indeed shot up quite higher at opening, allowing me to offload my SPY shares with a great unexpected profit (nearly $8000) that was not I had planned for. Thank you, whoever exercised my puts that virtually just sent me an awesome weekend gift that made my day for a great start of the week!! 😜

2 comments:

  1. This is great information. In my opinion recurring revenue saas can also help us in providing smooth recurring billing experience & saves money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog on IT certification training courses in Navi Mumbai is a valuable resource for those seeking to enhance their IT careers, offering insightful guidance on available courses and providers. It's a great starting point for anyone looking to thrive in the growing tech industry of Navi Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete