Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Euro is advancing as I predicted

In early June, I said I expected Euro would go up in the next few months. Well, Euro is behaving exactly as I predicted then. It dropped to around 1.20 but now it is trading against US$ for over $1.27. A 6% jump for a major currency within such a short period of time is quite significant. See the chart below: Euro (FXE) in blue line vs US$ (UUP) in green line.


Of course, nothing fundamentally has changed for Euro. As I have said many times, Euro is a dead currency and it won't last long. The EU central bank can do whatever they want to try to save it but they can only prolong its life to certain limit. Euro is just like a dying patient with late stage cancer. Unfortunately it will die regardless. I have made quite some money by betting for the dying Euro and I will continue to do so when such opportunities come up again. I think it is coming now. I don't think Euro has exhausted its upward energy yet for this leg up but I will start to consider to short it when it goes over $1.30. I think it will be the free money as well, as I have collected several times in the past few years.


No comments:

Post a Comment