Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 13, 2022

This is how a capitulation looks like

The American Association of Individual Investors weekly survey has found that for two weeks in a row, the percentage of bearish investors in America has outnumbered the percentage of bullish investors by more than 40%. That's an unusually high number which marks "peak fear." Indeed, the net bull ratio has been this low only once before, in early March 2009 – the exact same week stocks bottomed after the 2008 financial crisis!

Let that sink in for a moment…

A chart depicting how the amount of bearish investors has greatly exceeded the amount of bullish investors by 40% according to this week's AAII survey, which is a record reading that indicates these markets are near

There's nothing but fear out there. Buffett would tell us to get greedy here. But should we heed those words of advice?

I obviously don't know what you feel but I'm happy to see the panic selloffs like early today. Here is what I told my DW Family before opening today.


Luckily I indeed added more SSOs but I wish I could be more greedy by adding more!

Today definitely feels like a capitulation day, when most people have thrown in the towel and run. When no one is left for selling anymore, the only ones left are those who want to buy, like me💪🤓 That's the reason why we see such a powerful and gigantic turnaround within the day, from crashing down over 80 points early today to close nearly 100 points up. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment