Total Pageviews

Friday, October 2, 2020

Elevated volatility post election

First of all, God bless President Trump, the First Lady and the United States of America! Hope Trump and FLOUS will have a speedy recovery!!

The news of the COVID19 infection by the President triggered a panicky selloff worldwide overnight and throughout today. No question there is no way to predict this kind of unexpected sudden incidents that will scare the market. But believe or not, the market has actually already sent some warnings for the downside risk in the past few days, although the bouncing back in the past few days seemed quite strong. I have already heard some folks talking about new highs🤕.  As I showed to my Telegram/Wechat groups a couple of days ago, even though the market was pushing higher, it was unlikely to hold up per the short term TA indicators and a high chance to go down again soon. Today's harsh selloff confirmed what the indicators told us. Having said that, as I told my groups again this morning, I thought the market might likely close higher than the opening level and it did recovered half of the initial loss. Given that, there is a good chance the market may try to bounce back again early next week, baring significant bad news popping up over the weekend. But be aware of the underlying more severe risks in the longer term as discussed below. 
  
But before I continue, in light of the very volatile and turbulent time period, hope this short cute baby goat reunion with her mom can bring some peace to you!🌹💫 Medical studies have demonstrated that often viewing cute and lovely animal photos or videos has a good antidepressant effect. Hope this baby goat's lovely moment can alleviate some anxiety for some folks.  😏




As I have alluded to recently, I think we are likely going to see a very uncertain post-election era that will dampen the market! Here you go to see bets Increasing on Post-Election Volatility. The chart below shows that S&P 500 put options are reflecting the possibility that U.S. election results will get finalized with a delay. In other words,  volatility is expected to remain elevated after the elections.   
 
Election Results Chart
 
With all the issues surrounding mail-in ballots, there is virtually no chance we will see a final result on the election day, Nov 3. Will be lucky to see it even a week later. I personally believe it will at least take weeks with uncertainty and eventually the Supreme Court may likely be brought in to make a final determination who will be the next US President! If you think the current volatility has already made you nervous, it is just like a walk on the beach now before we slip into much stronger turbulent waves soon.  So enjoy the current relatively calm time and try to do something to protect yourself!! 

******************************************************

By the way, if you are interested in joining my DW investment group, we have set up a Telegram group. 

Here is the link for "DW  谈股论金": https://t.me/joinchat/SgYa_xNrjTNHk9cS51ke0A.    

Importantly, you cannot join directly via Wechat. Two options:

  1. When open the blog in Wechat,  点击右上角的三点,然后选在Safari 中open,然后点击the link and then join 
  2. Or copy the link and paste to Safari to open and then join 

1 comment:

  1. I rarely share my story with people, not only because it put me at the lowest point ever but because it made me a person of ridicule among family and friends. I put all I had into Binary Options ($125,000) after hearing great testimonies about this new investment

    strategy. I was made to believe my investment would triple, it started good and I got returns (not up to what I had invested). Gathered more and involved a couple family members, but I didn't know I was setting myself up for the kill, in less than no time all we had put ($300,000) was gone. It almost seem I had set them up, they came at me strong and hard. After searching and looking for how to make those scums pay back, I got introduced to (paytondyian699@Gmail.Com) who helped recover about 80% of my lost funds within a month.

    ReplyDelete