Total Pageviews

Friday, July 1, 2016

Another great stock that I want to own


Happy long weekend. Hope all the friends in the US will get a relaxing holiday!
So just a brief idea for a household name, Nike, Inc (NKE). I don’t think I need to say anything more about what is Nike. More than likely, you or your family will have something from Nike. Nike has been around for over half a century and has firmly established its famous brand name for sports-related products. In the past 10 years or so, Nike’s share prices have become particularly loved by investors, which has advanced 6-fold higher. I wish I was clever enough to buy Nike years ago for long-term since Nike is not only a great stock in terms of its share price appreciation, it is also a great dividend growth stock. You know how much I love to own good dividend stocks for retirement. In the past 20 years since it started to pay dividends, it has grown its dividends by an annual compounding rate over 15%. You rarely see this kind of high growth dividend stocks from great companies! In the past 6 months, the euphoria for Nike has faded a bit and its share prices have declined by about 20%. I have been waiting for a sign that its short-term downtrend is ended. I think we have got one now:  Nike was reacting very positively to poor news. A couple of days ago, Nike issued a rather disappointed earning report and overnight its shares declined by 6%. But amazingly, the next trading day totally turned the tide wave in favor of Nike and it had actually closed much higher by about a 2% gain. This kind of price action is quite bullish and its momentum indicator is also a positive uptrend. I think the recent selloffs for Nike have likely been over.   This is the entry point I’d like to take to accumulate Nike shares!

No comments:

Post a Comment