Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2018

Halloween has come earlier


There is no more scary thing than the stock market these days, right?

The Market God was not happy for me to disclose his confidential plan and wanted to punish me by pushing down the market to much lower point on Wed the day after I said I thought the bottom was likely in and we could hold the recent lows around 2720ish. Today is another big selloff and I’m pretty sure the huge volatility has scared most of people out there. It is an early Halloween scare for this year!

I got his message but I haven’t changed my mind yet. I still believe the market is setting up a solid base for the year end rally. After S&P has breached recent lows, I cannot say we have seen the exact bottom now. Technically it has two major supports around 2620ish and 2580ish. But I think the chance is much higher now that it is very close to the end of this correction, if not yet done by now. Why? The Sentiment! We haven’t seen this kind of panic and depressing mood since end of 2015, the last major correction. And I have seen more and more talking about the end of this decade long bull market. People may want to vomit if you ask them to buy stocks now! This is actually the best time to shopping for good stocks. While contrary indicators are never meant to be precise in terms of timing, it is almost a certainty that it will lead the market to turn around either down (if the sentiment is too hype) or up (if too depressing). That’s why I will always advise not to chase highs when everyone is buying or not to scare to death when everyone is panicky. For myself, these days have been good time for me to buy without time pressure and with good prices. By the way, today is a good day to buy XLY for the year end rally that I talked about last week. Hope you have got in.  

Believe me, although it may feel like an eternity that the selloff will never end, it could change and turnaround with a heartbeat, seemingly out of blue. I’m confident to predict that in a few weeks from now, we will see a very different sentiment and don’t be surprised to see some euphoria by then!!😊😏

No comments:

Post a Comment