Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Oh, boy!

The best day since 2008, WOW! Dow Johns jumped over 400 points in one day that has not been seen for over 6 years. As I said, it is a Santa Claus rally that is knocking on your door now. I cannot resist it. In the past few days, I have started to make orders for quite a few quality stocks, especially those which have been beat down badly. IBM is one of them. One of them is especially impressive percentage-wise. In the evening of Dec 16, I placed an order for Microsoft MSFT) call options, trying to catch up some fire if the overall market gets on fire. MSFT is one of the best companies for long-term investment, which I have talked about here many times. Lately MSFT was under pressure after a persistent bull run this year. Usually quality stocks that got "crashed" short term may shoot up most if the overall market is on fire. Fortunately my order got filled the next day, i.e. yesterday. Today, MSFT jumped almost 4% with the market and my call options? Almost double in one day! See below. This is kind of short term extreme trade purely based on technical analysis. I believe there is more to go!

Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment