Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 5, 2014

My 2014 Predictions - International

I did not get a chance to write this one before the end of 2013. Here are my 2014 predictions for international markets.

Yen - Japanese Yen will go way down moving forward. It is currently around $104 and I think it may go down to $125 to $150, although not necessarily within a year time. I like the leveraged ETF, YCS, to bet a downward trend for Yen. YCS is at $70.17 at the moment. On the contrary, the Japanese stock market may be benefited from the weakening Yen and may likely be doing well. The ETF for it is EWJ at $12.01 at the moment.

EU market - Believe or not, I think the EU stock market may be doing well next year, especially with the possibility that they will also start their QE soon. FEZ is the fund for the EU stocks, currently traded at $41.83.

Emerging markets - The emerging markets as a whole may be even doing better than the developed markets. DEM is the ETF for it and is at $49.12 right now.

Russian market - The Russian stock market is probably one of the cheapest markets in the world. It has a great potential in terms of trading. RSX is the fund for Russian stocks, currently at $27.76.

I will come back to these ideas by end of 2014 to see how I'm doing in terms of my predictions. Just be clear of one thing about my predictions. I don't mean all of these predictions will work out immediately, ie. will go up straight from here. Actually some of them may go down first. But I believe they should be doing fine overall during the whole year and will likely be much higher by the year end of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment