Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 26, 2014

A quick update

Just a quick update on two things I talked about lately:
  • In my year-end prediction, the first thing I was talking about was Muni. At that time, Muni ETFs in general were showing a big discount, around -10% or so. As I said, you want to buy Muni at a big discount, the bigger the better. You will be benefited from both bigger tax free dividends and potential capital gain. Well, Muni has started the year in a very strong momentum. Along with its appreciation, the discount has been quickly narrowing down from its NAV, about -5% at the moment. Muni will still have a lot of room to grow but you don't want to buy when it become expensive with a price beyond NAV. One thing which is pushing up Muni is that more and more hedge funds and mutual funds are starting to move big money into Muni. I'm pretty confident that Muni will be further pushed up this year.
  • Since I talked about Target (TGT), its shares continued to slide down. Right now, TGT has been really oversold. I don't know if TGT has touched its bottom and will not go down further, but I think the chance is very good that TGT will bounce back from this level around $57 at least in the near short-term, probably starting from tomorrow. Given how oversold it has been, I won't be surprised to see it jump 5% or so within days. If you are a short-term trader, this may be a good opportunity to make some quick money.

No comments:

Post a Comment