Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How will the PIGS look like when Greece defaults?

I don't know how many of you are still not convinced that Greece will default, i.e. bankrupt. I have no slight doubt about it. I'm just wondering how the Europe will look like when this happens. Just read an interesting paper exactly about this. The author painted a picture about the sequence of events following Greece's default. You really need to read it to be prepared, as it won't be just confined to the EU. The pain will be spread out throughout the world. Believe me, you will feel it, if not prepared. After all, Bernanke is the head of the central bank of the World and his dollar printing machine will be non-stopping in order to help save the PIGS, although in vain.

I have been non-stopping in shorting Euro in the past year or so. After initial realized gains from the shorting, the tide has turned against me for quite some time now. Am I worried? Not at all. I have shorted more. Although I'm not sure if Euro will ever have any chance to go much beyond the 1.40 level, I'd be laughing all the way up to whatever level it will go to add more short positions against it. This is one of very rare occasions where I do exactly what Jim Rogers said: when the money lies in the corner, simply go there to pick it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment