Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 15, 2018

One of the best

The market is extremely volatile and confusing. That has helped to make a widespread depressing mood in the market. It is almost like following a clueless bear wandering into deep woods and then totally lost! But at least you may find me waiting for you in the woods and point a pathway out for you😅😅


So is there anything tradable in this toxic environment? Sure of course! Apple is the one, for which I have traded in and out several times already in the past few weeks with good profits. Closing down to $165 again Friday has made it another great opportunity for trading. Another one that has treated me extremely well over the past decade and never let me down is my beloved stock, Microsoft (MSFT)! For those who know me, MSFT is a quality dividend growth stock that I have highly recommended since its $30s. After having tripled over these years, it is not really cheap anymore these days. So I don't add new money into it for long term holding. But MSFT is still often a great stock for trading purpose. It is even more attractive these days when nearly everything is falling apart but MSFT is so resilient that it stands up firmly without faltering much. In the past two months when the current correction started, most of tech stocks have fallen over 20% or more deeply into the bear market territory. MSFT is one rare exception. Yes, it has also come down a bit initially but quickly it has started an upward trend supported by its momentum trend. Most importantly it has never violated its 200 DMA, suggesting its long term uptrend is still firmly intact. Right now, it is trading in a very clear range between $105-113ish. Friday's rough selloff has also knocked it down to its lower channel band. Will it bounce from this base? I bet it will and I put my money where my mouth is. Of course, trading will never have 100% certainty with assurance but I think the odds is high for MSFT to march upstairs from here! 



No comments:

Post a Comment