Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Buy some protection for your portfolio

The Dow Jones has set another record after reaching record high, continuously going up for 10 days, which has never happened in the past. I got it. This is likely a huge bull market fueled by the Bernanke easy money and will last as long as Bernanke is printing money. But I'm really worried about the immediate future and become more scared about the upcoming correction that may occur any time. I have no crystal ball to predict exactly when it will occur but I know it for sure will occur. It is just not natural that the market will simply go up without a breath. So I'm starting to buy some protection against the likely fall. The good news is that it is very cheap to buy such protection at the moment when everyone is so hype and euphoric. I have bought call options of VXX, TZA and SDS. All of them are inverse ETFs and will go up when the market goes down. I feel safer to have them in my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment