Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 17, 2013

I have sold ValueClick

ValueClick shares jumped 19% on Thu, due to better than expected earnings. Revenue in the fourth quarter was $199.6 million, narrowly topping the consensus estimate of $199.2 million and earnings per share were $0.56 as compared to the $0.52 per share profit that investors were expecting. The following is VCLK's chart in the past 3 months, during which I held the stock.

As I said back in Nov when I bought the stock, VCLK is more or less a cyclic stock, which tends to rise over the first quarter of each year due to the expected better business performance during the Thanksgiving and Christmas high seasons for commercial activities. While I cannot say VCLK won't continue to go up for a while, it has met my expectation for the time being and I won't be surprised if it comes down a bit after such a quick jump. I simply took my profit off the table and moved on to other opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment