Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Status of Research in Motion

Research in Motion (RIMM) plunged another 11% on Friday. I guess I definitely feel what it means for trying to catch the falling knife. I wrote about RIMM in Sep (see here) when it was around $24. Of course I was way too early. But as I said, I left a huge margin of safety and I'm only underwater when it is below $15. Yes, I am in the water now but not too much so far and I still have time to wait for its turnaround. I still believe and even think at this level of its share price below $14, the chance for a positive surprise is much bigger for RIMM. This is not a company for which you will need to worry about its bankruptcy since it has no debt but a large chunk of cash. I think it has some great value embedded in it but one needs to bear with some substantial risks for some time before it truly turns around. Although it is very difficult to find anyone who is interested in RIMM (which is not a bad sign for betting a turnaround), obviously I'm not alone. Someone shares my view of RIMM as well. I intend to hold up with my RIMM positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment