Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

International diversification: investment stamps

Diversification is one of the keys in successful investment. Internationalization will further enhance the scope of diversification. Whenever possible, you should consider to do so. If you have cash and don't know where to put it, there is an opportunity.

Stanley Gibbons is the UK biggest stamp collecting and trading company with over 100 years of history. It is a publicly traded company. A few years ago, I happened to become aware of SG, which offered a 5-year stamps investment program with a guaranteed minimal capital gain of 5% annually and unlimited upside. Sounded too good to be true but it was indeed a great investment product. I did invest some money in this program and so far my stamps have increased in value by about 10% per year. Not too shabby given what's going on around the world. I just feel better with something unrelated to the stock market and commodities as well as being appreciating in value over time and in a foreign country.

Today I just received a final notification about a SG's new program, which will be closed in 3 days. See some details here and you can ask for more information. It is a program with principal guaranteed in investing in stamps. While personally I do have had a good experience with SG with respect to the one I invested in, I'm not an expert in stamp collection and therefore cannot say too much about it. I just thought to pass it on for your information as one consideration of assets diversification. Check it out yourself.     

1 comment:

  1. UPCOMING RESULTS:- CARE, WONDERLA, AUTOMOTIVE AXLE, UNIVERSAL CABLE, SOMANY CEREMIC.Nifty Futures Tips

    ReplyDelete