Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm worried about the gold pace

I have Bloomberg news on my TV all the time when I'm at home. It's rolling at its bottom screen to show the real time prices for various stocks, funds and commodities. In the past few days, every several minutes when I scan at it, the gold price is different and increasing. It took about a month to add $100/oz from $1600 to $1700 but it only took a week to increase by another $100. As I'm writing, the gold future has reached $1808, which seems continuing to appreciate. Given substantial various positions I have for gold, naturally I'm very happy to see this but I'm really worried about its pace now. Regardless how strong something is fundamentally, it is always worrisome if it jumps too fast, too soon. Some sort of correction is very possible for gold. I probably should buy some put options as my insurance to hedge against the potential fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment