Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2011

I don't know what can be considered low for gold anymore

I have to be honest with you. I really don't know anymore at which price I can consider gold is low. For those who follow me for some time, you know that I have been waiting for gold to correct for quite some time. For most of the past year or so, I thought gold was too high for me to establish new positions, given that I have already got all kinds of different positions for gold and silver. About two months ago, I started to doubt whether I could see any meaningful correction before gold went up too high from the current levels. In less than a month ago on Jul 18, I wrote that I was not sure if gold would every go down below $1500. The gold was $1607/oz that day. Without knowing it, gold has jumped to $1719/oz today, in almost like a blink of eyes. While I'm still a bit nervous to get in more for gold at this high level, I have started to put in more money into gold whenever there is a meaningful pull back. Not in big money each time; however slowly but surely I'm accumulating in my gold investment. I have given up the idea to only consider more money in gold when it plunges hundreds of dollars per oz. I don't mean it cannot happen. It very well may. However, I just don't know how far it will go before such a plunge, if any, ever happens. I will still be ready to go in more if a sever correction indeed comes.

As I said many times, there is a long long way to go before this gold bull market is over. How can I be so sure? Just look around the world regarding what all the governments are doing and honestly ask yourself: does your money worth more or much less with each passing day? If a 10 uninterrupted years of track record with year-over-year increases cannot convince you about this super bull market, I don't know what else can make you believe. In an odd way, actually just because there is so much doubtfulness for the ongoing gold bull market, it has made this super bull safely continue. I just saw today the bickering between Peter Schiff, the CEO of the Euro Pacific Capital Inc. and the talking heads at the CNBC Fast Money, which makes me to more firmly believe that this super bull of gold and silver will definitely continue. Schiff is a long time critic of the US government and the Fed. Naturally he is a super gold bug. For all fairness, CNBC Fast Money often invites him to express his opinions and criticism but each time they always laugh at what he says. They seem to believe that they know much better than Schiff. What kind of idiots they really are! Today they scoffed at Schiff again when they heard him saying that gold will continue to appreciate much more and the US dollar will fail miserably. You know whose side I am with and don't regret in 5 or more years if you don't take any action today! Mark my words: regardless how volatile gold and silver may be, the super uptrend for them will surely continue for long long time.

PS: as I'm typing, the gold future has touched $1751/oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment