Total Pageviews

Monday, September 25, 2017

It is real or false?

I closed my short arm for NVDA today (puts) and leave the long arm as is ($155 naked puts). The sudden jump a week ago caused some pain for my combo short position but as I said, I expected NVDA to come down towards $175 quickly. Apparently I was even too conservative as it almost touched 170 today. My short arm has recovered most of the paper loss due to the jump, so as planned I closed it now. Looking at its chart, I'm not sure this correction is already done by now. It is a really possibility that NVDA may go down toward 165 or even lower but I doubt it will go below 155. So I hold my 155 naked puts till it is expired in Dec, which will give me a great profit from it and several times more than the small loss from the short part. I'm still holding the short with 190/185 bearish call spread that I entered when it jumped to 190. It is now showing good profit as well and I'm betting there may be more gain for it if indeed NVDA continues to go down a bit.
I hope the recent breakout is real for NVDA but technically it is difficult to say for sure as the weekly chart dose not support a quick uptrend. It is often the case that a sudden up move due to analyst upgrading can quickly fade without other more fundamental support. Will see how NVDA behaviors in the next few weeks to get a more clear sense whether NVDA is already in a new uptrend. So far I'm not fully convinced yet, especially after it falls back below its support ($175) so quickly after the recent breakout. It bears the question whether it is a real breakout or a false one. I can argue both ways; so will let the market tell me where it wants to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment