Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Marissa Mayer’s Yahoo CEO days may likely be numbered

I first became interested in Yahoo back in early 2012 when I said I was accumulating Yahoo shares. Its price was around $15 back then and I was greatly rewarded when it shot up to over $30 in less than 2 years. My call options shot up 10 times more. At that time, Yahoo was clearly undervalued by the Street and it was a gem hidden in the ripraps. Now Yahoo may be another good speculative target but for a different reason.


There was a huge hope for Marissa Mayer when she became the new Yahoo CEO in 2012. People thought Yahoo would turn around to thrive again under the Mayer's helm. However, it has been a great disappointment to see that Yahoo has not revived at all. On the contrary, since Mayer became CEO, Yahoo's revenue has fallen nearly 30% in the past 3+ years. It is almost a certainty now that Mayer has no ability to turn Yahoo around and it will only become worse if Yahoo keeps status quo. I don't think the Street has such a patience. I think either Mayer is kicked out soon by the board or Mayer has to sell Yahoo in the near future. Either way, it may be a good bet that Yahoo's price will likely be boosted. I believe buying Yahoo below $30 is a good speculation for some good surprise to come soon.
 











No comments:

Post a Comment