Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hope you have got Yahoo already

Yahoo (YHOO) is on fire these days, trading over $33 now. It has a gigantic stock holding of the Chinese eBay, Alibaba, which is going IPO. Alibaba's IPO market cap is estimated over $15 Billion. You can image how much the Yahoo investors are excited about this. I started to talk about investing in Yahoo early 2012 (first here, followed by here and here). Hope you have got in. As you may know me, I did get in but with options. At that time, my cost for the Yahoo calls was $1.13 per share. Now it was trading at $13.60 last Friday. In other words, my positions have shot up over 1000% in less than 2 years. Talking about the power of the option trading! (See the chart below). But don't chase it if you want to get in now. I think YHOO is a bit parabolic, which never ends well in the short term. I will continue to hold my positions but will not buy it at this moment. If you want to buy, you will likely get a better price later. Be patient!





No comments:

Post a Comment