Total Pageviews

Friday, February 7, 2014

A speculative penny stock that could triple or more

Penny stocks are very risky but somehow people just love to play with them. The general feeling is that penny stocks can more easily appreciate than blue chips. After all, it will be a double if a $1 stock increases just by $1. In reality, it is not that easy. Percentage-wise, you still have to increase by 100% before doubling, regardless of if it is from $1 or from $100. The key is to find the right stock with good catalysts. Trading in penny is supper risky as they can easily go out of business. So never go all in with your house money, regardless how much you are convinced! For me, it is more of an informed gambling: I bet with small money but if I win, I expect something big. Last year, I bought a small biotech, Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO), which is developing vaccines for influenza & cancers. I went in at $0.54 and luckily it went up to $2.57 as of now. Percentage-wise, it is a huge jump by almost 400% but as I said I only put in a small amount. I will see if it can go 10 times up.

I found another penny stock, which is quite interesting. The company is called Capstone Turbine (CPST). Ten years ago, the stock was trading over $90 as it was supposed to revolutionize the power-generation industry by using its micro-turbines that promised a great deal of flexibility for onsite power in remote areas, and could also serve as a backup source in the event of blackouts. But this promise never materialized and it has lost over 95% of its value. But now, it seems to see a light at the end of tunnel. It starts to produce and make the micro-turbines commercially available. Revenues have started to be generated.  I like its prospects and we may see it move fast upwards if the Street also sees its potential. What if it returns back to its old highs from here?

Again, it is purely speculative and you may lose all the money if it does not work out. Trade accordingly.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment