Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Practical Magic


Last weekend, my wife and I had an amazing experience on Virtual Reality (VR) with Microsoft’s HoloLens 2 headset. If you don’t know yet, the retired Space Shuttle is currently on show sitting at Pier 86 in Manhattan where you can see the real Shuttle. Unfortunately its inside is not open to the public but fortunately we could tour its inside via VR with HoloLens. It was truly amazing and we could even do a space walk with a pretty cool feeling. That’s why HoloLens has been called “Practical Magic” and I highly recommend you to watch this video to get a sense how powerful this magic is.

You all know that I have been excited about MSFT for 10 years by now, even during its darkest period when it was dead money for many. Back then, growth was not what I was looking for but just its fast growing dividends that I can reinvest. I’m happy as a royal long term investor for MSFT and now it has totally transformed itself thanks to its visionary CEO that has made MSFT among the top high growth techs again. Actually it has become the most valuable company with a market cap over $1 Trillion, a hallmark only very few companies have ever reached. See this interesting dynamic listing for the world most valuable companies in the past two decades. Microsoft has regained its past glory now, a truly amazing achievement by all means!! Microsoft is definitely not just a PC/Window company anymore, although it is still one of its major profit sources. It has been a frontrunner in many high tech innovations defining our future. AR/VR is just one of them. If you are interested, you may review this paper about the Microsoft product roadmap in 2019.
As I said before and let me repeat again, buying MSFT is similar to parking your money in the bank that you don’t need to worry too much from the safety perspective. Actually it is much better than wasting your money earning power if just left in the bank. It can safely grow your money much faster than most of other alternatives via dividend compounding as well as now its share value growth power. If you want to review my previous blogs on MSFT why I’m so much in love with it, readthis one with some links for others. Here is my advice, if I’m right about a significant market correction and if any luck that MSFT may also come down with the market, buy some or more if you already own it. You won’t be disappointed if you are a long term investor for it. No, it is not cheap at all and I doubt it will be really cheap again in the foreseeable future. But relatively speaking, if it can drop below $100 by any luck, it is good enough for me to buy more. Actually its TA indeed looks weakening and may push it down from here. Keep my words in mind, friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment