Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Buy more trees for your retirment

A friend was asking me about PCL that I talked about almost 2 years ago. At that time it was around $39. It went up to almost $50 but it is now coming down to $39 again. I was asked whether it is still a good buy? Definitely so. Nothing I liked about PCL has really changed except that after many years of great run, it needs some rest. I still think it is one of great way to invest for retirement. Trees will grow regardless of what happens in the world, good or bad. They will beat inflation over the long run. PCL is now paying you 4.5% dividend. To me it is still a great buy at this price. Go for it and hold for long term with dividend reinvestment!

By the way, I was asked about another stock, WPRT, which is the manufacture for gas engines. I talked about WPRT a few times and made some money in the past. Unfortunately WPRT is not doing so great at the moment and its management cannot effectively monetize its unique technology and its leading position in gas engines. It is punished for their poor performance. While I'm still thinking this company has a great potential in the future given the super mega-trend in the natural gas industry, I think at the moment it is not the right time to continue hold WPRT, not mention to buy more, even though it is very cheap. I will let you know when I think it is safer to buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment