Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Buffett is seeing what I have seen


I’m flattered by Buffett after he saw my blog and decided to also put money into my idea to support me! What a Valentines and Chinese New Year gift from Buffett :).
I’m talking about Teva, the world largest generic pharmaceutical company that has been beaten down to nearly death but I saw a great turnaround potential from it. See here if you don’t believe. Following its initial fast up run, I said: “Teva is bumping up against its resistance and is very overbought short term with clear negative divergence in many technical indicators. A pause or even retreat from this level is quite possible near term.” The fast advancing TEVA did pause for a while after my writing, coming down almost by 20% towards $18. With Buffett’s big news broken out, it jumped over 10% immediately and now is trading around $21. The million dollar question is if TEVE will start to move up from here towards my next target of $30? It is certainly possible but I doubt about it. While I have no doubt that TEVA will be on its way for a historical turnaround in the long run that is now vindicated by Buffett, I’m afraid Teva may still struggle for a while before definitely mounting its next leg up. It is more technical than anything else. The recent jump due to Buffett’s effect is not supported by its daily momentum as it still looks very vulnerable to me. I think there is a good chance that TEVA may come down again at least one more time before accumulating enough strength for a more sustainable uptrend. It will be interesting to see how Teva will behavior moving forward with Buffett’s support in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment