Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Who will benefit most from money printing?

 Investing legend Stanley Druckenmiller nailed it in early 2021 in this two-minute video. Here's the transcription of his wise words. 

The Left has always tried to label themselves to be ones to help the poors by taxing and printing money. But in the end, the poors become even poorer due to such irresponsible actions. I'd even think it is due to the selfishness of those at the top on the Left. After all, we all know they are the ones who are extremely rich and will benefit greatly from money-printing! 

But let's start with the Fed and inequality.

I don't think there has been any greater engine of inequality than the Federal Reserve Bank the last 11 years. So hearing the chairman talk about visiting homeless shelters is very, very rich indeed.

I just had the best year I've had in 15 years last year. Everyone wealthy I know is making a fortune. And why are we making it? Because this guy is printing money like there's no tomorrow.

And the kids in Harlem, in my opinion, are not benefiting from money printing, but Stan Druckenmiller and other wealthy people are.

So for the life of me, I can't figure out why the Left is so excited about money printing when all the data says the people who benefit from money printing are rich people who know how to navigate the markets.

The odds-on bet is we're gonna have inflation, and inflation is going to hurt poor people a lot more than rich people.

How does this thing end?

To me, the asset bubble, which he's blowing up into unbelievable proportions, busts before the inflation ever really manifests itself. That's what happened with the housing thing in '08 to '09. We never really got to the inflation because the asset bubble burst – not dissimilar to what happened in '29.

That's not my central case, but let me just say we've never had a deflationary bust because inflation was too close to zero or 1.5 [percent] instead of 2 [percent].

We've had them because we've had these tremendous asset bubbles. It happened here in '29, it happened to Japan in '90, and obviously it happened in the Great Financial Crisis.

And there is no one, no group, that will get hurt more by a bust than the poor. They will be first in line to get screwed. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment