Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Save your money in RMB here in US

I'm extremely busy these days and have no time to write. Actually not much to write anyway as there is nothing really significantly changed. I'm still short the market although the market becomes even more stubborn with its more extreme complacence; I'm still short Euro although the Euro is fighting back strongly. Have I changed my mind? Not a chance. To me it just becomes even a better time to add more short positions for Euro. We will see who will smile at the end! While overall I'm just observing and waiting for my themes to come to fruition, there may be a new opportunity brewing right now regarding municipal bonds. I will try to write a bit more on this topic soon.

I just wanted to pass on an interesting idea to you. As all of you may know, the Chinese Yuan (RMB) has probably only one way to go, that is, to go up in its value against the US$. If you do believe so, it would be logically a good idea to save some of your hard earned US$ money in RMB. This has been impossible till now as no bank can open a RMB account for you here in the US. But I just saw this interesting WSJ report, in which it is said that the Bank of China is going to make it possible for residents here to save money in RMB in its US branches in New York and Los Angeles. If you want to reserve the value of your savings, I suggest you think about this seriously and make part of your savings in RMB. This may be the lowest risk way to invest and almost guaranteed to win in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. Saving money is not possible without definite mindset, habit and discipline. So saving money is called financial literacy. Want to know how to save money even with small income and how to earn profit from it? I have discovered a site that provides me all about financial information.

    ReplyDelete